Essential Oils for Bug Bites
What is the best Essential Oils for Bug Bites Itching? There are thousands of bugs all around you at any one time. Most of the time they stay in their own space and feed off of nature. When your body gives off scents that they enjoy you become their prey, particularly with mosquitoes. Most bug bites are more annoying than harmful, excepting black widows and brown recluse spiders. Bee and Wasp stings hurt like heck, but are usually not overly harmful unless you hare allergic to their venom.
They can pierce your skin and cause irritation, bumps and severe itching. Fortunately there are specific essential oils for bug bites itching and pain relief that really help. They can even act a as natural insect repellant so you don’t get bit in the first place. Stop being a target for these insects seeking to feed off your skin and blood by using the best essential oils for bug bites below.
Types of Bug Bites
Types of Bug Bites on Skin. The marks they leave on your skin tell you what actually bit you. Look at the above picture of bug bites and see the most common types of bug bite marks on your skin. Here are the most common types of bugs that bite and leave marks:
- Bees and Wasps
- Bed Bugs
The bugs that can cause the most harm long term are mosquitoes because they frequently spread bacterial infection and are carries of disease like malaria. Having a natural remedy handy can help you avoid becoming ill and skin damage from constant itching.
Best Essential Oils for Mosquito Repellent
Best Essential Oils for Mosquito Repellent. The best natural mosquito repellent that I’ve ever tried is the Repel blend of essential oils for instect repellent. Individual oils like citronella, eucalyptus and lemon are other good choices you can use to repel mosquitoes. The natural mosquito repellent essential oil kit (pictured above) works for mosquitoes and other flying insects, even flies that like to mess with you when you’re trying to enjoy the great outdoors.
I’m a big nature lover and like to enjoy my time outdoors without being constantly bit up by these disease causing mosquitoes and other flying bugs. I spray the Repel blend on and it stops me from being their main course lunch meal. The other oils in the kit you can place around your tent to repel them as well as crawling insects that are drawn to your scent and food you may be packing. It works much better than the chemical sprays!
Essential Oils for Insect Repellent
Best Essential Oils for Insect Repellant not only help protect you from being bit, but can help disinfect your skin if you do get bit. They are also great at stopping insect bite itching that is common with bug bites. Here are the best oils for insect bites and repellant:
- Vetiver (#1 Bug Bite and Repellant Oil, they don’t like the smell)
- Lavender (Best at repelling most insects of all types)
- Peppermint (Best at repelling crawling insects like spiders and ants)
- Eucalyptus (Another nice oil that is powerful at repelling bugs)
- Patchouli (Repels most flying insects)
- Cedarwood (Repels most crawling insects)
- Rosemary (Most Flying Insects avoid rosemary)
- Lemon (Mosquitoes don’t care for the smell of lemon)
- Tea Tree (Like Eucalyptus but with a stronger smell)
You can use any of the above essential oils for specific types of insects; to repel them and most can help relieve the pain of the bite. If you want the best one for bug bites and repellant overall, look no farther than organic Vetiver Esesntial Oil.
Uses for Vetiver Essential Oil
Uses for Vetiver Essential Oil. There are many uses and benefits of vetiver essential oils. It is the top insect control and first aid for bug bites. They help keep your garden free from the harmful types of insects. It is a potent antibacterial and antifungal. Here are the most common benefits of vetiver essential oil:
- Insect Repellant (Naturally repels flying and crawling insects, especially mosquitoes)
- Bug Bites (Disinfects, heals and stops the itching from bug bites)
- Weed Control (Safe alternative to poison weed killers)
- Natural Antibacterial (Disinfects your body from skin cuts, bruises and bites)
- Natural Antifungal (Good for foot and nail infections as well as candida)
- Antioxidant (Heals damaged skin and allows faster healing)
- Analgesic (Safe natural pain reliever, good for muscle soreness and recovery)
- Menstrual Pain (Helps with PMS and menstrual related hormonal issues)
- Skin Healing (Really great for skin healing and rejuvenation)
- Insomnia (Helps you relax and fal asleep easier)
Vetiver is a great essesntial oil to have around if you enjoy the great outdoors or have children. It tops for people that love to garden and for natural pest and weed control. If you go camping or hiking always have some of this witih you, it will prevent you from being a human bug feeder!
Organic Vetiver Essential Oil
Organic Vetiver Essential Oil (pictured above) is the best natural essential oil for bug bites you can get. It also repels flying and crawling insects so you won’t get bitten as often as you normally do. It is a natural skin tonic and disinfectant. If you go outdoors, put some of this on and insects will avoid you and go to better targets (those that are unaware and unprotected.)
If you are having problems with mosquitoes or live near a pond, lake, stream, river or even have a pool, it is indespensable. There is also a new electronic bracelet you can wear that emits a vibration that drives them away. It makes them think a storm is coming and they need to leave and find shelter. I use both and don’t get bit any longer. You can see it below, it’s called the Nopixgo: